Sunday, September 17, 2006

Some Chinese Go Terms

My Winnie the Pooh book disappeared in my black hole house, so have not been posting much. Today is cleanup day, so will get some chinesepod in. I also dusted off my Rosetta stone and did the first unit。 It went surprisingly well.

Last night, I played go (围棋 wei qi) with a chinese friend, and he taught me some important go terms.

  • My Corner = 我的角 wo de jiao
  • My side = 我的边wo de bian
  • right side = 右边you bian
  • My center = 我的中央 wo de zhong yang
  • Another word for center = 中腹 zhong fu
  • Ko = 劫 jie





I also learned the chinese name for jewelweed: 凤仙花

风 feng phoenix
仙 xian immortal
花 hua flower

Immortal Phoenix Flower

But then mosaica told me: 'Actually, sorry, that's not jewelweed :) ..do an image search for those characters, and you'll see'

Oh well, I still like the name anyway ^^

No comments: